Sunday, May 2, 2010

A moment in time...



I am currently experiencing a rare moment in the life of a young mother...it is one of those few precious moments when both of my kids are sleeping and I'm not crashing myself! So, I will try to use this time productively and give you a quick update on our life.

I know many would think we were crazy for the amount of things we have taken on over these past couple months, but God is giving us endurance and teaching us contentedness in all that He brings our way. My dad came out to visit for 10 days and we had a wonderful time with him, even getting to drive over to the capitol city of this region and visit with some friends. The spring time here is exceptionally beautiful, so we have also been enjoying lots of time in the mountains on picnics. Also, about two weeks ago we moved to a new house, so we have been working slowly, but steadily on getting our house set up and our family all settled in. Moves are always tough, but setting things up here in a new house really takes the cake! I'll make a long story short by saying that on top of all of the usual things you would expect to set up in a new place, Scott installed a bathtub and a shower! He is quite the handy man!

Zeke and Ethan are doing great. We have lots of energy in our house with Zeke running around! He plays 4 days a week with a friend that lives nearby and he is having to learn a lot about sharing and being kind..BIG lessons for a 2 year old! Ethan is just over 2 months now and we feel like we can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this newborn stage. He is such a sweet little guy and we really enjoy him, but newborns are so tiring! We're looking forward to finding some semblance of a routine once he is sleeping better.

Also, in about a month Scott and I will both be teaching classes as part of a preparatory course for a new university being established in our city. It will be a sort of partnership with our language center and another way to serve this community. I am excited to start teaching and meeting new people. This class will be different than our center classes since it is aimed at late high school aged people, so once again Scott and I will be getting to work with teenagers...a role that we have missed since moving here.

Well, that is all for now since I can hear Zeke starting to wake up! I will do my best to keep you posted as we have lots of exciting things happening over the coming months! Until next time...

No comments: