As the pattern seems to go it is once again fall and things are about to begin at full tilt. Fall always feels to me like a time to start fresh; you have energy from changing up the summer craziness to fall routine; school starts up again, kids are out of the house and projects are new and still exciting. This is where Scott and I find ourselves right now, just like many of you!
Zeke and Ethan are back into their school program. Zeke is in preschool and Ethan is part of a two-day-a-week “mom’s day out” program. Thus, I finally have time to sit down and write a blog without little hands trying to type with me and requests for help with something or a play companion. The fall is a good time. My hope this fall is to continue to have the energy and endurance I feel right now.
Classes begin tonight at our center. This term I will be doing the teaching. This is something that I am pretty excited about. I will have our upper level students which is a group I love having because I feel like I can challenge them well to keep pushing forward. The higher levels of a language are tough because you sort of reach a plateau of “good enough” and without intentionality and diligence you don’t move forward very much. The upper levels are also about fine tuning. This includes pronunciation, grammar and definitely writing skills. I hope to help my students in all of these areas.
We are coming off the high of an awesome summer, Ramadan has ended so life has returned to normal and are really looking forward to what God has in store for us these coming months. We know this next year will go by so quickly so we strive to make the most of each day and not take the time for granted. I think this is something that can constantly be a challenge. Ready or not, though, here we go! Below I have uploaded a cute video from earlier this summer, so, enjoy!
1 comment:
Cute! He's really verbal!
Post a Comment