So we have had a particularly unique last couple of weeks. Scott went on a business trip that took him out of the country for 10 days. So subsequently, that left me to be a single mom for 10 days! I would say we did pretty well! Although, I didn’t accomplish much other than cleaning and nourishing the 3 of us, but that was a good focus to have since I am not used to doing it on my own. I would say that I already had great respect for women who find themselves in single mom situations, but I now have an even greater appreciation for those who do it AND manage to stay sane! So to say the least, we are all thrilled to have Scott back home with us.
We also recently celebrated another milestone….Zeke’s 3rd birthday! The day of was the day before Scott came home so it was a pretty normal day, but the Saturday afterwards we were able to have a party and celebrate another year of life for our oldest! It was a fun time. Our teammates came as well as two of our local friends. We had intended to have more kids come, but it just didn’t work out so we had Zeke, our teammates’ daughter and two babies! The good news is that at this age Zeke didn’t know the difference. His focus was on presents and cake! We can’t believe that Zeke is already 3 years old! He is such a blessing in our life and we couldn’t imagine life without him! He definitely brings fun, laughter and excitement to our lives. I am excited to see how God continues to grow and mold him.

The past weekend was my turn to be celebrated! With Zeke and I both having birthdays in October means that we have a lot of cake around! I can tell you that neither Zeke nor Scott mind that fact! I had a wonderful day where I got to spend the morning having some time to myself, then in the afternoon Scott and I went and hung out at the bazaar and then the evening we went out with friends for a wonderful dinner, and rounded off the day with watching a movie. This is a wonderful way to spend a relaxing day with my friends and family! Zeke was super cute in that he kept asking me if I would share my birthday with him! God is so good to us and continues to teach and grow us in ways that we never would have imagined. We look forward to seeing what this next year holds for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment